Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

Photoshoot 08/03/15

Thursday 19 March 2015
On the 8th March my (very photogenic) little mare and I (not so photogenic) had a photoshoot with
the fabulous Taylor Rose Photography - well worth a Facebook stalk!!

I spent the morning washing Elsie's socks, plaiting her mane and cleaning her bridle until she was spotless, I on the other hand, was wearing the skankiest of yard clothes and my accessories included half a bale of hay in my hair and the grease from Elsies tail under my nails and all over my hands - yum. But there was no time for fuss, had a quick change in next doors stable into an item of clothing not commonly worn by me, a dress. Probably not the greatest choice for the beginning of March in what I can only describe as a mild hurricane but well worth it for some special photos for Elsie and I's 6 year anniversary!!

I dragged a slightly fed up Elsie out of her nice warm stable into the field, as soon as she saw the camera, her game face was on, I swear this pony was a model for Vogue in her previous life. I cant say the same for me, I resembled Cousin IT from The Addams Family with my hair (and dress) blowing everywhere in the wind, I managed to compose myself and successfully got through the shoot without flashing the photographer my underwear - always a bonus,

Here are a few photos from the 1st part of our shoot:

















































Once I had sufficiently frozen my ass off we decided to tack Elsie up and have a dressage session in the school and Taylor snapped a few shots of us, please excuse my position it is a work in progress, Elsie was extra sensitive to ride and so I couldn't 'wrap my leg' around her, This was also her first schooling session in a month or so.

























After a quick ride I decided to untack Elsie and have a little play with her in the school tackless which was great fun and i'm so pleased with the photos from this part of the shoot, I think they are my favorite ones.






























I am so happy with how all these photos turned out and the whole experience was a very pleasant one - feel silly now for being so anxious about it. Taylor was fantastic, very easy to talk to and has a very good eye for photos, she really captured Elsie's cheeky personality and now I have loads of gorgeous photos to treasure, forever. 

Thank you SO much for reading and a massive thank you to Taylor Rose Photography for taking the time to come and take some photos for us.

India and Elsie may x
Instagram
Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Awh looks like u have such a lovely bond !! the pics are so nice 👌 im xequine_memoriesx on instagram 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos! Your pony is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Made me giggle too! :) You two are such a fab pair and you're a lovely lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Gypsy Trotter © 2014